French Door FAQ
French Doors FAQ -here are some of the questions frequently asked
please see french door prices here for an online quote
1) Does the price include the frame?
Yes, The french Doors are supplied with the frame.The French Door leaves are fixed by there hinges all six of them to the outerframe.
2) Are the French doors Internally beaded?
Yes.All our products have the glazing bead on the inside so are internally beaded.
3) Are they supplied with the glass in place?
The French doors are supplied Unglazed with the glass sealed units not glazed in.The weight of the Doors when glazed exceeds HSE limits and more importantly the sealed units must be toe & heeled once the unglazed French Door has been fitted plumb and square in the brick work.Preglazed french doors have been glazed in factory conditions and therefore can't replicate individual site installations.
4) Is the glass easy to break as it's supplied loose?
No not really it's toughened glass and as the name implies it's difficult to break even with a hammer
5) can you make my french doors to 1494mm wide by 2085mm high ?
Yes we make all our french doors to customers sizes they are not off the peg there are limits to how big we can go but with the addition of a top box or sidelights we can cover most sizes.
6) Is an external cill supplied and should I include it in my height that I give you?
Yes an external 150mm cill is included in the price.The height you supply us must be the brickwork opening sizes minus the fitting tolerance normally opening size -10mm.We will deduct the cill height 30mm from the overall sizes and make the french doors to that height with the cill added back on it will be the correct height.
7) can you make French that open inwards?
Yes we can make french doors that inwards as well as opening outwards
8) Are open outward French doors unsecure?
The hinges on outward french doors are located on the outside face but are protected by a metal cover plate , hardened steel pin and the metal carrier .It would take a very determined person to cut through the hinges.The hinge screws can only be removed by removing the metal hinge cover.
9) Can I have my French doors in a different colours to white?
Yes we can manufacture your French doors in a wide range of colours.
10) Can I order Chrome,gold or black handlkes on my french doors?
Yes you can choose the handle colour
11) I've seen French doors with two handles do you do these?
Yes you can specify double handles our standard is one handle to the master door
for a quote French door Prices