Latest Blog Posts Latest Blog Posts


upvc or pvc or pvc-u ,plastic windows what's the difference?

Add to: Digg Add to: Add to: Facebook Add to: Furl Add to: Google Add to: Live Spaces Add to: MySpace Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Twitter
Friday July 23, 2010 at 8:07pm
When I started in the double glazing industry in 1990 everyone in the trade called double glazed windows by there proper name uPVC windows.uPVC is an acronym of unplasticised poly vinyl chloride which is a bit of a mouthful.The unplasticised part means it is not soft or pliable like a normal plastic,although some plasticiser is used in the extrusion process.However some people refer to them as pvcu windows.

However some wide boys wearing white socks back then called them plastic windows that's ok I guess but does them sound like a carrier bag, the windows that is not the white sock wearing salesman!.

The main land Europeans however due to there different language place the u after the PVC hence the name PVC-u windows is there a difference between u-PVC and PVC-u ? No none at all.

As we are British company and have always used the same British extruded-u-PVC profile we will call our windows in the English naming convention of u-PVC windows.

Our window profiles are extruded by Synseal extrusions which was until recently a family owned company and the largest u-pvc window profile extruder in the UK.They extrude shield profiles and Synerjy profiles we fabricate both at our factory in Coventry.

So there you have it the difference between u-PVC windows and PVC-u windows is none buy British though it's good for you!

» Categories: General

1 Comment

Alfred Tanner | Monday July 29, 2013 at 6:31pm
Can you paint upvc....if so what paint .....

Leave a Comment

Your Name  
Email Address  
(kept hidden)
So that we can check that you are a real person (and not a crafty computer), please answer the simple sum below:  
What is 17 - 7 ? Your Answer